Escondido Public Library Literacy Services
Saturday, March 1, 2014
First United Methodist Church
Social Hall (enter off 4th Ave)
341 S. Kalmia Street
Escondido, CA 92025
8 AM – 2 PM
Sponsored by the Escondido Public Library Friends of Literacy Services, proceeds of the tournament fund basic literacy services & career readiness.
Players elect to play in one of the following three divisions.
- Advanced – Players who play regularly or compete and generally score 250 points or more per game.
- Intermediate – Players who play casually and generally score within 150-250 points per game.
- Novice – Players who play occasionally and generally score less than 150 points per game.
Teams must have four players who compete in the same division. Each team member must complete a separate Registration Form and include their Team Name and fellow Team Members’ names.
See the official rules.
Registration fees are non-refundable and include complimentary breakfast and lunch during the tournament.
- Individual Adult
Early Registration - $25
Starting February 21, 2014 - $30
- High School Student - $15
- Online - Register through PayPal with a credit card below.
- By Mail - Mail a completed registration form with a check payable to “EPL Friends of Literacy Services” to:
EPL Friends of Literacy Services
Escondido Public Library
239 South Kalmia Street
Escondido, CA 92025
- In Person - Bring a completed registration form and cash or check to the Escondido Public Library Literacy Services office during business hours.
New: Register and Pay online!
Register for Scrabble-Thon 2014 by clicking one of the PayPal 'Pay Now' buttons below. By paying through PayPal, you are simultaneously registering your player information for Scrabble-Thon 2014.
(If you do not have a PayPal account, click "Pay with a debit or credit card, or Bill Me Later".)
If you intend to compete as a team, you will be asked to submit the names of your team members upon completion of payment.
Note: If you register and pay online, you will be asked to sign the following agreement at the tournament:
- I permit the use of my name and pictures for promotional purposes.
- I understand the entry fee is non-refundable.
- I certify that all information provided on this form is true and complete.
- I hereby release and waive any claim by myself, my heirs or personal representatives for damages caused by the negligence of EPL Literacy Services, the City of Escondido, or First United Methodist Church.
(If participant is under 18, your signature certifies agreement with the above statements and that your son/daughter has your permission to compete in Scrabble-Thon.)