“Music Around the World”
Ken-David Masur, Conductor
Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:00 & 11:15 a.m.
Performances will be in the Turrentine Room:
This program is specially designed for school- age children; all ages are welcome.
Come early as seating is limited.
Travel around the world with the San Diego Symphony, sampling some of music’s greatest composers. The journey will start in Europe; go across to Asia, then down to Africa and then South America. We’ll wind up right here at home in America! Learn how various cultures have influenced the symphonic music that we know and love.
Musical pieces to be performed are:
• Symphony 29, mvmt 1 by W. A. Mozart
• Dance of the Furies by Christoph Willibald Gluck
• “Sunset” by Victor Herbert
• Variations on a Theme, Op. 35a by Peter Tchaikovsky
VI. Allegro con spirit
• St Paul’s Suite, Op. 29, no. 2 by Gustav Holst
IV. Finale (The Dargason)
• Rumanian Folk Dances by Bela Bartok
For more information phone the library at (760) 839-4837.
This program is made possible by generous support from the Friends of the Escondido Public Library.