Escondido, CA – The Escondido Public Library is proud to partner again with KPBS, San Diego Public Library, San Diego County Library, and other local libraries in the One Book, One San Diego reading program. For nearly a decade, KPBS’ One Book, One San Diego program has enriched the pleasure of reading by adding an element of meaningful community engagement. Each year, the community helps choose a book that becomes the featured “One Book”, shaping the local focus, outreach initiatives, and special events that comprise the One Book, One San Diego experience.
Community members are encouraged to nominate books that they have read and think would be a good title for the program. They can nominate either online through the Escondido Public Library’s website, library.escondido.org or use the paper form available at the Library. The nomination submission period runs from February 4 to March 1, 2015.
The book criteria for One Book, One San Diego selections are:
1. Fiction or Non-fiction story of high literary quality with a strong, compelling narrative and well-developed characters.
2. Themes resonate with local and/or global communities, and people of all backgrounds.
3. Inspires discussion, conversations, and action.
4. Available in paperback and hardcover.
5. Author is alive.
6. Should have professional reviews and the book must be currently in print and readily available in large quantities (not print-on-demand).
7. Suitable for high school study and up.
The 2015 One Book selection will be announced in May, and information about related programming and events will be provided as it becomes available. For more information about One Book, One San Diego, visit www.kpbs.org/one-book/, or contact Senior Librarian, Paul Crouthamel, at 760-839-4814 or firstname.lastname@example.org. One Book, One San Diego events are free, open to the public, and generously sponsored by KPBS. Escondido Public Library is located at 239 South Kalmia Street, Escondido, CA 92025 and at library.escondido.org.