Borrow, renew, reserve, and return materials
Borrow - Renew - Reserve
There is no limit to how many items you can have checked out on your account at a time, except for InterLibrary Loans.
- Books, DVDs, Music CDs, and Books on CD check out for 21 days.
- InterLibrary Loans check out for 14 days; only 2 may be checked out at one time.
- Museum Passes check out for 7 days. For Family Museum Pass borrowing guidelines, visit www.escondidolibrary.org/museumpasses
- Book Club in a Bag kits check out for 42 days.
All items (except Book Club in a Bag Kits, Museum Passes, and InterLibrary Loans) will be automatically renewed up to three times unless someone is waiting for the item. If you want to renew items manually, follow the procedure below:
- Click My Account in the top menu.
- Enter the barcode number from your library card and your 4-digit PIN.
- Click in the check boxes next to the items you wish to renew.
- Click the green "renew selected items" button at the bottom of the page.
Call 760-738-0249 to renew your items over the phone. You will need your library card number and pin.
Is the item checked in?
If an item that is showing as Available on the library catalog and you are coming in to pick it up right away, please call library so that a staff member may set the item aside for you.
If the item is not showing as checked in:
To reserve an item that is not showing as Available, please click on the "place request" button and follow the instructions on the screen. You will be asked to enter your library barcode number and pin.
Once the item is available, you will receive a phone call, email, or text message depending on your notification preference. You will then have one week to pick up your item.
Items may be returned at the three outdoor book drops, located in the Library parking lot, 24/7, 365 days/year.
During business hours, items may also be returned at the interior return. This return will check in the items immediately and provide you with a return receipt upon request.