Escondido Public Library is now open to the public for limited service Mondays-Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Holds can be picked up on the self-service shelves during Library open hours. Additionally, curbside pickup service for holds will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., and Wednesdays from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Visit our catalog at https://escondido.librarycatalog.info/polaris/
- Click the Log in button in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your library card number and pin (last four digits of your phone number) and click the green “log in” button
- Click on the Escondido Public Library logo to go to the search page
- Look for items you want in the catalog and click the “place request” button on the item to place your hold.
- If you prefer to place holds over the phone, please call 760-839-4683 and select the option for Adult Services. Have your card number ready!
- Once you receive a notification from the Library that your hold is available for pick up, come to the Library parking lot during curbside pickup hours:
- Tuesday and Thursday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Please note- you have 10 days to pick up the hold from the day the notification was sent.
- After you have parked in the Library parking lot, call or text 760-705-4602 or email us at email@example.com with your library card number and to let us know you're here.
- Staff will verify your account information, then check out your items.
- Staff will place your checked out items on the table in front of the Library, and you will then be able to pick up your holds.
If you need special accommodation, or prefer to make an appointment for pickup, please call 760-839-4683 and select the option for Customer Service.