Donating to the library
Donating books, movies, or music
The Library and the Friends of the Escondido Public Library gladly accept donations in accordance with the donation guidelines below. The Friends of the Escondido Public Library is an approved 501(c)3 organization run by volunteers. Please note that donated items may be added to the Library's collection or given to the Friends shop for sale. Donated materials become the property of the Escondido Public Library or the Friends of the Escondido Public Library.
100% of the proceeds raised by the Friends of the Escondido Public Library support reading and cultural programs for children, teens, and adults. Funds raised by the Friends are also given to the Library to purchase books, DVDs, and other materials for the circulation collection.
• Books in good condition (gently used)
• Books dated 1900 and earlier
• Magazines, not older than 12 months
• Videos (VHS)
• Audio books on tape & CD
• Books that are worn, broken, falling apart, or have torn or missing pages
• Books that are musty, written-in, water damaged, or stained
• Magazines, older than 12 months
• Readers Digest Condensed Books
• Music Cassette Tapes
• Vinyl or other records
Please bring all donations to the Main Library during our open hours.
- Are you donating a few items?
Please visit the library during open hours and drop your donations through the Donations slot (next to inside book return slots).
- Are you donating a box or more of items?
Please come to the back delivery entrance on the corner of 2nd Avenue and Kalmia Street during open hours and ring the bell. Staff will assist you in bringing the items into the Library. We are sorry, but boxes or containers cannot be returned to the donor.
All donations are tax deductible. Please request a receipt from Library staff for your records.