FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Shawn Townsend, 760-839-4827
Escondido, CA – Escondido Public Library’s 2016 Summer Reading Challenge offers reading fun for all ages and special programs for babies, children, teens, and adults through July 31, 2016. Start logging your Summer Reading online at library.escondido.org/summer by July 23, 2016 and Exercise Your Mind by reading for enjoyment and opportunities to win prizes. Free Summer Reading Challenge events for the week of July 4, 2016 and July 11, 2016 are as follows:
- Children’s Events:
- Children’s Crafts every Tuesday @ 2:00 p.m.
- July 5: Upcycled Sail Boat – Will it sink or will it float? Make a sail boat from recyclable items and test if it sails!
- July 12: Design Your Own Pinwheel
- Baby Storytime (Infants & Toddlers) every Wednesday @ 10:30 a.m.
- Children’s Performers every Thursday @ 2:00 p.m.
- July 14: Reptiles! with Ecovivarium
- Adult Events:
- July 12 @ 6:00 p.m.: 2nd Tuesday Book Club –Investigate the tale of nine Americans who sacrificed everything for Olympic glory in the epic true story The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown.
- Teen Events:
- July 6 @ 3:30 p.m.: Burritos & Book Club – Select a title from the Exercise Your Mind Book Picks bookmark (available in the Library) to chat about while enjoying tasty burritos … leave with a free book!
- July 13 @ 3:30 p.m.: Esco Teen Create! Make hats for newborn babies & earn community service hours. Supplies are limited.
- July 16 @ 1:00 p.m.: Screen Printing Saturday – Create and screen print your own design. Supplies provided but quantities are limited.
The 2016 Summer Reading Challenge is generously sponsored by Friends of the Escondido Public Library. Library programs, events, and services are free and open to the public. Escondido Public Library is located at 239 South Kalmia Street in Escondido, California. For more information about the 2016 Summer Reading Challenge and scheduled performers, visit library.escondido.org/summer or call 760-839-4839.