Zinio is an online magazine collection that allows you to download magazines to your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Escondido Public Library offers a selection of over one hundred titles. These titles are brought to you through the Serra Cooperative of San Diego and Imperial County libraries. You may check out as many magazines as you want, you never have to return them, and there are never overdue fees!
In order to use Zinio, you will need the following:
- an Escondido Public Library card
- an email address
- a computer or mobile device with Internet access
Follow these simple steps:
1. Open up a web browser and create a Library Zinio account here, using your library barcode, email address, and a password (make sure that your password is at least 7 characters and that it contains both letters and numbers). All future magazine downloads will be managed through this web browser interface so be sure to bookmark this page!
2. When you find a magazine that you would like to read, click “Checkout”. Then click “Start Reading” to read on your computer.
3. If using a mobile device, click on "GET THE NEW APP to read offline: iPad, Android". You can also search for the free app "Zinio for Libraries" in your device's app store. Once the app has downloaded, select the following information:
- Country = United States
- State = California
- Library = Serra Library Cooperative System
- Enter your email address and password that you just created in Step 1.
You can now download the magazines that you checked out via the browser in Step 2. Once the magazine has downloaded to your device, you can read it without being connected to the Internet.
4. Enjoy reading your magazine! Unlike with eBooks and eAudiobooks, the eMagazines that you download will stay on your device until you delete them.