Make a difference. Volunteer!
The Escondido Public Library has volunteers that work in all departments performing various tasks.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to help the library and your community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits.
- Skills appropriate to the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies and procedures.
- Fingerprinting & background check required for all volunteers.
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator to make sure needs and goals are compatible.
PLEASE NOTE: The library does not accept any court-ordered community service.
What volunteer opportunities are currently available?
- Chess Club Monitor/Instructor - Provide chess instruction for kids ages 6-12, for beginner through advanced-level chess players. Find out more.
- eBook Downloads Assistant - Volunteers needed to assist patrons in downloading eBooks during upcoming eBook training classes.
- Shelver - Shelve library materials. Adults and older teens considered for position. Lifting and bending required. Knowledge of Dewey Decimal System helpful.
- Friends of the Library - Adult volunteers needed to work in Friends Shop and workroom, selling books and media materials.
- Pioneer Room volunteer - Volunteers needed to perform archival clerical duties in our local history/genealogy room. Find out more.
- Literacy Tutor - Teach an adult how to read. Find out more.
How do I find out more about volunteering?
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator: