Make a difference. Volunteer!
The Escondido Public Library has volunteers that work in all departments performing various tasks. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
PLEASE NOTE: The library does not accept any court-ordered community service.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to help the library and your community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits.
- Skills appropriate to the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies and procedures.
- Fingerprinting & background check required for all volunteers.
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator to make sure needs and goals are compatible.
What volunteer opportunities are currently available?
- Chess Club Monitor/Instructor - Adult volunteer needed to provide chess instruction for kids ages 6-12, for beginner through advanced-level chess players. Must be available Mondays from 3-6 p.m. Find out more.
- Friends of the Library - Adult volunteers needed to work in Friends Shop and workroom, selling books and media materials. Find out more.
- Pioneer Room volunteer - Adult volunteers needed to perform archival clerical duties in our local history/genealogy room. Find out more.
- Literacy Tutor - Adult volunteers needed to teach other adults how to read. Find out more.
Are you a teen looking for ways to earn community service hours*?
- Review Crew - For every 3 qualifying book reviews earn 1 hour of community service.
- Esco Teens Create - Earn community service hours by creating crafts to donate to community organizations. Meets every Wednesday from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. No registration or special skills required.
*Participation in these two groups does not require fingerprinting and a background check.
How do I find out more about volunteering?
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator: