Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends of the Escondido Public Library?
The Friends of the Escondido Library are library lovers who formed this non-profit organization in 1970. There are over 300 Friends members.
Wayne Brown, President
Georgia Chonko, Vice President
Linda Parker, Treasurer
Lorna Underwood, Secretary
Penny Boggeln, Shop Coordinator
Directors: Nancy Dartez, Sharon Fry, Joy Harper, Dottie Heller, Carol Pennington, Linda Roger
The Friends Board of Directors meet the second Wednesday of every month at 10:00 a.m. in the Board Room at the Escondido Public Library. Meetings are open to the public.
To contact the Friends of the Library, email email@example.com
What do the Friends of the Library do?
Friend volunteers operate the Friends Book Shop, selling books, audio books, magazines, videos, CDs, DVDs and more, largely donated by the public. The inventory in the book shop is constantly changing. Funds raised by the Friends of the Library help support the following programs of the Escondido Public Library:
- Purchase of books and equipment
- Free music concerts
- Programs for teens, children, and adults
- Book clubs for teens, children and adults
How do I become a Friend?
To become a Friend, please visit our Membership page
The Library, and the Friends of the Library gladly accept donations in accordance with the guidelines below. The Friends of the Escondido Public Library is an approved, volunteer-run 501(c)3 organization. Please note that donated items may be added to the Library's collection or given to the Friends shop for sale. Donated materials become the property of the Escondido Public Library or the Friends of the Escondido Public Library. The Friends can only accept up to five banker-size boxes per person per day. If you have a larger donation, please contact the Friends at 760-839-4832 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
100% of the funds raised by the Friends of the Escondido Public Library go to support reading and cultural programs for children, teens and adults, and to purchase books, DVDs and other materials for the circulating collections.
- Used books in any condition
- Encyclopedias (Complete Sets Only)
- Videos (VHS)
- Audio books on CD
- Vinyl or other records
Are you donating a few items?
- Please visit the library during open hours and drop your donations through the Donations slot (next to inside book return slots).
Are you donating a box or more of items?
- Please come to the Library’s back delivery entrance on the corner of 2nd Avenue and Kalmia Street during open hours and ring the bell. Staff will assist you in bringing the items into the library. We are sorry, but boxes or containers cannot be returned to the donor.
All donations are tax deductible. Please request a receipt from Library staff for your records.