Fun & Games
Why play games?
Games are not only fun, but many are educational. They can assist in developing:
- spatial perception
- critical thinking
- interpersonal skills
- math and social studies knowledge
We offer -
- Chess - *NOT BEING OFFERED FOR THE TIME BEING. The Knights Realm Chess Club for kids meets every Monday at 3:30 p.m. Find out more.
- Early Literacy Stations are kid-sized computers packed with 50 educational software programs. These programs help with:
- reading skills
- problem-solving math and science skills
- art and music appreciation
Play games online
With 3.500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com's award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). Available from Library computers only.
Be Internet Awesome with Google
Learn how to be a good Internet citizen!
Fun educational games for children ages 3-7, to learn to read with phonics, build skills in math, language, social studies, science and much more.
Disney Online Games
Play a game starring your favorite Disney character.
Educational games for kids in grades K-8. PLUS: Check out the Diary of a Wimpy Kid online comic book.
Test your Harry Potter trivia.
Keyboarding Games for Kids
Learn to type.
Mattel Games for Kids
Starring Barbie, Hot Wheels, and American Girls.
PBS Kids - Games Central
Choose from many online games.
A virtual world of quests, stories, and games.
Play games, chat with the Cat in the Hat, and more.