Escondido Public Library is a proud partner on the 11th One Book, One San Diego program, along with KPBS and libraries throughout San Diego. For over a decade, One Book, One San Diego has enhanced leisure reading through meaningful community engagement. The 2017 nomination period runs until Friday, March 3, 2017, and nominations may be submitted online at http://www.kpbs.org/one-book/ or in person at the Adult Information Desk.
The book criteria for One Book, One San Diego selections are:
1. Fiction or non-fiction of high literary quality with a strong, compelling narrative and well-developed characters.
2. Literary themes resonate with local and/or global communities, and people of all backgrounds.
3. The book inspires discussion, conversations, and action.
4. Titles available in paperback and hardcover.
5. Author is alive.
6. Should have professional reviews and the book must be currently in print and readily available in large quantities (not print-on-demand).
7. Suitable for high school study and up.
The 2017 One Book selection will be announced in August and information about related programming and events will be provided as it becomes available.