Escondido Public Library now offers mobile printing! Print jobs will be stored for 7 days, so when you are ready to print, visit the library during open hours and visit one of the print kiosks. You will then log in with your card number and pin (or guest credentials) and be able to retrieve your prints. Prints cost $0.20 per page for black and white, and $0.50 per page for color. You can pay with cash ($1s, $5s, and change) or credit/debit (Visa, Mastercard, Discover.)
Laptop or Desktop
- Visit https://smartalec.smartalecprint.com/SmartAlec?ID=ESCONDIDOCA and log in with your library card number and pin/password (defaulted to the last 4 digits of your phone number on file. If you are not a library member, you can click on the "first time user" button and create a login.
- Once you have logged into your account you will be presented with the following screen.
a. Click on the [select a file to upload] button to select the document you wish to print.
b. Click the [Upload] button to transfer the document to the SmartALEC system. Once uploaded your document will be available to be printed from any print kiosk at Escondido Public Library.
Smart Phone or Tablet
You have the option of using the above directions, OR you can download the Smart Alec @ Your Library printing app from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store. Please note: Before the app will work, you must log into the site https://smartalec.smartalecprint.com/SmartAlec?ID=ESCONDIDOCA in a browser to verify your account (step 1 above.)
- Log in to the app with your library card number and PIN. Now, the app can accept your uploaded documents and associate them with your library account.
- To let Smart Alec use your location to find nearby libraries, click Allow.
Print from iOS Device
1. Open the document you want to print and tap Action.
2. Tap the Print icon.
3. Pinch out or tap and hold the document to display the Action icon.
4. Tap Action and select the Smart Alec app. If you don’t see Smart Alec, tap on More and select Smart Alec Print.
5. Tap Send.
6. Open the Smart Alec app to confirm the document is in the queue.
Print from an Android Device
1. Open the document you want to print and tap More Options (3 dots in upper right corner).
2. Select Print.
3. Tap the drop down menu in the upper right corner.
4. Select Smart Alec Printer.
5. Tap the printer icon.
6. Tap OK.
7. Open the Smart Alec app to confirm the document is in the queue.