Make a difference. Volunteer!
The Escondido Public Library has volunteers that work in all departments performing various tasks. Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years old.
PLEASE NOTE: The library does not accept any court-ordered community service.
What do I need to be a volunteer?
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to help the library and your community.
- Commitment to a regular schedule.
- Good work habits.
- Skills appropriate to the tasks assigned.
- Compliance with library rules, policies and procedures.
- Fingerprinting & background check required for all volunteers.
- Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator to make sure needs and goals are compatible.
These are our current volunteer opportunities:
- Tech Volunteer: Adult Services is looking for a very tech savvy volunteer willing to assist with our upcoming bi-monthly "Virtual Reality @ Your Library" program.
- Friends of the Library Volunteer- Adult volunteers needed to work in Friends Shop and workroom, selling books and media materials. Find out more.
- Literacy Tutor - Adult volunteers needed to teach other adults how to read. Find out more.
Please contact us at 760-839-4819 if you're interested in volunteering.
Are you a teen looking for ways to earn community service hours*?
- Review Crew - For every 3 qualifying book reviews earn 1 hour of community service.
- Teen Advisory Board - Become a member of Escondido Public Library's Teen Advisory Board! Reasons to join: Make new friends, earn community service hours, become involved with your community, plan teen programs, and participate in special events. Meetings are on the first Wednesday of every month from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Turrentine Room.
*Participation in these two groups does not require fingerprinting and a background check.